Edit metadata from search results
The dialog that is displayed when you select the Edit or Edit selected options in the search results page.
The dialog contains all information specified during the creation of metadata in the Metadata Editor, but the dialog is organized differently, into a series of tabs.
If multiple products are edited at once then the dialog shows parameters of the first selected product. When editing is confirmed by clicking the only the parameters with changed values are updated in all the selected products.
Change the settings in the following way:
- Carry out a search to display the list of product.
- Find the product for which you want to edit the metadata, click the Edit.
button and select
- Product identification:
- Identifier: Adjust the identifier pattern: this is the unique product ID. If multiple products are edited at once this field is disabled, however tooltip shows list of products IDs of all selected products.
- Title: Edit the product title.
- Created: not editable; information about the time when the metadata has been created
Location: Specify the area of validity of the product, i.e. the region to which the data relates. Use one of the following options:
- Specify region: Select one of the predefined regions or countries. It is possible to select a specific country, e.g. Spain, or other standard region, e.g. Pacific: a rectangle area which covers the selected region will be selected.
It is possible to mark a rectangle area on the map: right-click the left corner of the intended area and drag the mouse to specify the area.
- To select another area, simply repeat the right-click and the area selection.
In the bottom part enter the geographical coordinates in decimal representation that specify the boundaries of the rectangle area.
- North and East are specified as positive numbers.
- South and West are specified as negative numbers.
General information: Use this section to describe the content of the product.
- Product description: Enter human readable description of the product.
- Keywords: Enter some keywords that characterize the product from meteorological point of view, e.g. climatology, precipitation, etc. If you want to insert more than one keyword, use a new line for every word.
- Geographical keywords: Enter some keywords that characterize the product from geographical point of view, e.g. Italy, Europe, etc. If you want to insert more than one keyword, use a new line for every word.
- Category codes: Select one or more categories from the WMO_CategoryCode code list which characterize the product.
Detailed information: Use this section to enter detailed information about the product.
- Meteorological code: Select the code which specifies the data type, e.g. "ICAO SIGMET", "FM 94 BUFR", etc. If the relevant code is not listed, select "OTHER" and use the edit field below to enter a custom code name.
- Hierarchy level: Select one of the available options which are suitable for the product. The options are dataset, series, or model. This specification is necessary for the ISO 19139.
- Time groups: Specify the time group depending on the selected production. These are the regular times when new instances of the product are generated.
- In the list select one of predefined time groups, e.g. "Hourly".
- If the list does not include the required time group, select Custom and specify the start time an the interval, or in the box below enter the hours separated by commas.
- Originator and Publisher: Select the publisher and originator of the product. The lists contain the publishers/originators which were specified in Contacts. Note that the list includes only only manually created/updated contacts; i.e it is not possible to assign a contact that was generated automatically by imprting an XML from other GISCs.
Product access: Use this section to describe the access to data.
- Online resource: Specify a direct internet link to a web page related to the product (optional).
- Instance pattern: To find the product instances on the server, you will have to insert a pattern which matches all the corresponding instance file names. You can use a * as wildcard, e.g. ABCD_model*.grib. For GTS bulletins to be queried from Moving Weather Message Database use A_TTAAiiCCCC*. For products with PID urn:x-wmo:md:int.wmo.wis::TTAAiiCCCC such pattern is constructed automatically. Exclamation mark ? may be used inside of the bulletin heading part to assign multiple bulletins to one product, thus A_TEST??TEST* matches all TEST// TEST bulletins (TEST// TEST ////// /// to be exact).
- Storage duration: Number of days the product instances are stored in the database (i.e. are available for download).
- Use limitation: Specify the type of use limitation which in case of WMO_DataLicenseCode defines also access and use constraints. Following values are available:
||free and unrestricted international exchange of basic meteorological or GFCS relevant climate related data and products
||data and products exchanged under the auspices of WMO to the research and education communities for non-commercial activities. A more precise definition of the data policy may be additionally supplied within the metadata
||data that is not covered by WMO Resolution 25 or WMO Resolution 40; e.g. aviation OPMET data.
||No limitation on distribution or use.
||data that are not covered WMO license codes. Details of the use limitation or a link to relevant license document can be entered in the edit field below.
|Only WMO essential products are available for download to anonymous users. Access to additional and other products requires authentication and is granted based on Organization privileges.
- Access contraints: select one of the MD_RestrictionCode values to define data access restriction. WMO Metadata Core profile mandates otherRestrictions if Use Limitation is defined by WMO_DataLicenseCode.
- Use contraints: select one of the MD_RestrictionCode values to define restriction on data use purposes. WMO
Metadata Core profile mandates otherRestrictions if Use Limitation is defined by WMO_DataLicenseCode.
- Distribution scope: select one of the WMO_DistributionScopeCode values. Use originating centre for non-GTS data.
- GTS priority: select data distribution priority if the product is distributed over GTS.
to confirm the changes.